Thursday, January 19, 2012

This_Year...

Light on the sand, rays on the waves... 2012 has dawned. Time to get moving on those plans!

Planning the year ahead can be both an exciting and daunting prospect. So much to do and so little time, is the catchcry, and don't we all feel it... but better this than the reverse perhaps. Although, after a while you get so busy you don't know what having nothing to do feels like, and I think we see it as boredom, or feel guilty because we have decided to stop for a while and chill out. We all need our downtime, and I really appreciated the relaxing break Tank & I had over Christmas and the New Year. 

     Now, back to the exciting; time to turn ideas into plans, plans into projects and projects into action...

    Tank & Ferry Entertainment will be very busy this year, working on a number of projects. Over the next couple of weeks I'll be revealing some of our plans and ideas for 2012. There'll even be a teaser for Volume Three of The Liberty & Property Legends! 
   
     One such project involves this blog. For me, the purpose of my blog is as place of ideas, as well as circulating news and reviews on my books, and Tank & Ferry business. I've expressed my opinions and feelings; shared ideas, books, and even holiday snaps! For better or worse, it's a rich life and with the constant acquisition of more ideas of all shapes and sizes it is enriched even further.
     This collection of ideas reflects something applicable to all of us who live in the free world. We have the freedom to express our ideas, and activate them if we wish. As you can imagine, for someone who writes about liberty and freedom in her novels, this is very dear to my heart. And so that I don't take it for granted, I like to remind myself often that I live in a country where freedom of expression is not only permissible but integral to society; freedom is our mindset, perhaps the best expression of who we are.

And when I see and read about people in other lands whose freedoms are stifled or non-existent it really emphasises how vital it is to protect and celebrate the liberties we possess. Yes, it can be subjective, or political, and sometimes an ideological sore point, but on the whole we all understand the imperative of freedom in our lives. We are prepared to fight for it, no question. And we raise the alarm and we object when we feel that our liberty has been or is about to be compromised in some way.

Let me not wander too far from my initial segue!

     A place of ideas... this year, in 2012, I'm lining up some wonderful guest bloggers who are doing some remarkable things in this freedom-loving, liberty-rich society of ours. They are following their hearts, expressing their creativity, diving into the unknown, living their dreams, enriching the world we live in.
     My first guest will be here in the next couple of weeks. She has a fabulous adventure to share, so I hope you'll join me. 







No comments:

Post a Comment