Friday, June 1, 2012

We're on our way... first things first, beautiful Boston! Or, my handbag is a perfect match for the Red Sox!


On my blog earlier this year I mentioned some of the plans Tank & Ferry Entertainment had for 2012. Among them was a research trip and a book fair. Well, we took to the road (air) last Thursday, heading for Book Expo America in New York City via Los Angeles and Boston. BEA (Book Expo America) starts next week. Tank and I will be at that and we'll keep you in the loop at it happens.

Meantime, Tank is attending a short course at Harvard, and I've been touring some fantastic places around Boston. History surrounds you here. From the Old North Bridge in Concord, where the 'shot that was heard around the world' was fired to begin the American Revolution, to Longfellow's Wayside Inn in Sudbury, which as you can imagine for a Longfellow fan such as myself was quite a 'pinch me am I really here' moment. From the Newport (Rhode Island) mansions, where the Vanderbilts of this world built their extraordinary Gilded Age seaside holiday homes, to the historic homes of authors such as Louisa May Alcott and Nathaniel Hawthorne, both of which I have been fortunate enough to visit on this trip. Still more to see and do before we Amtrak to New York on Sunday!

Fan day at Fenway Park

I recognise that fan... er, face. Run, buddy!


Stunning view from the Green Monster, rain notwithstanding (wot rain?)

Ben Franklin living statue
Living statue - batter up!


World Series family! Super day of just being a fan, yummy fried dough included. Aw, you can walk that off on the Freedom trail, and we did!
 
 
 
Cap's a winner, Tank!
Newport, Rhode Island
 







No comments:

Post a Comment